The Catalyst- Day 201 (July 21st, 2021)

I have become the catalyst for needed change. And that has made a select people in my circles very uncomfortable. With blood family (except for my mom), I told them who I've always been but they'd rather hold onto a false picture of me instead. With relatively close but still distant family, I have now been asked to not participate when they get together for parties and holidays, all because they can't understand it.

I say the change was needed because the time has finally come to reveal what was just below the surface and see what is true of people and what isn't. 

Why do I need to waste my time on people who so easily toss me aside? Family or not. Siblings or not. Nobody is exempt and nobody is vital enough in my life for me to apologize to them for my reality. It is MY REALITY. They don't understand it because they don't experience it. It's as simple and uncomplicated as that.

I used to feel guilt because I am changing things for those who want it to stay the same. But nothing stays the same entirely. Things are always changing. They are either deteriorating or growing. Nothing remains unchanged. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Day Shift Begins- Day 1 (January 1st, 2021)

"That Trans Problem"- Day 327 (November 25th, 2021)

Trying to Prepare for Hypotheticals- Day 242 (September 2nd, 2021)